Fill out the form below to join our 2020 Parents Class to being in January, 2020
Learning that your child is gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning (LGBTQ) or struggling with unwanted same-sex attractions (SSA) can be frightening and confusing for parents and families.
How did this happen? It is my fault?
Can I change my child? Should I try?
Has God cursed our family? Why me? Why us? Why my child?
Is there anything I can do to help my child?
What did our family do to deserve this?
What he born this way? How can I accept her if she wants to be with a woman?
These are all questions that parents struggle with, and there are no easy answers. But there is hope, and there are solutions! There are specific ways to help your loved ones heal, fulfill their potential, and restore your family!
Join Christopher Doyle, MA, LPC, LCPC, husband and father of five, and the Executive Director of the Institute for Healthy Families as he guides parents in a yearlong class of learning, growing, processing, and healing together.
This yearlong course offers practical advice on how to increase love and understanding between you and your child, and what you can do to help yourself, marriage, children, and family grow. By following and implementing the strategies offered in this course, families have been healed and relationships restored.
Here is what our class will work on:
Each month, we will discuss one redemptive principle for family healing. Parents will be given homework and concrete action steps to work on for family healing each month.
Topics of each class include:
- How to love and respond to LGBT/SSA children and loved ones.
- Causes of same-sex attraction and gender identity confusion.
- Processing of healing family relationships and developing a step-by-step action plan for family growth.
- Guidance for fathers and mothers on effective parenting skills.
- Understanding your child's love language.
- Reconciling family relationships and conflict resolution.
- Understanding different parenting styles.
- Overcoming anxiety and depression.
- Fostering healthy family dynamics through advanced communication skills.
- Parents will be provided individual coaching and guidance on how to journey with their child and work towards family healing.
- Parents will be provided with feedback on how they can work on their marriage and individual/couple's problems to become better equipped as a parent/coach.
- Parents will be invited to join a safe, online community with each other to process family problems and support each other's journeys on a daily basis.
- Parents will hear from other families that have successfully navigated family healing, and will provide them with valuable advice and wisdom from their journey.
Time: Third Monday of each month, 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM EST
Dates: 12 classes, starting January 27, 2020, then on the third Monday of each month
Cost: $649 per couple/family (includes 12 sessions)
How: Online video/web conferencing or telephone conference call
This course is limited to twelve families, and will close after the first month's class, so register today to secure your place in this very special yearlong course on parenting and family healing! To register, e-mail: email@example.com or call (703) 367-0894
All participants are required to sign a code of conduct upon registration that they are attending the class as a participant for educational, therapeutic, and/or healing purposes.