Institute for Healthy Families specializes in counseling solutions for individuals, couples, families, therapists, and ministry leaders. IHF is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit therapeutic organization located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. As a Judeo-Christian organization, IHF believes that the family is the foundation for healthy individuals, relationships, communities, and places of worship. While IHF is non-sectarian, we believe that God reveals His truth in both the Bible and Creation and that we can use this wisdom to help facilitate healing. IHF believes that through this synthesis of science and faith, we can help our clients form and maintain healthy families that will be able to help their children become the best versions of themselves and fulfill God’s will for their lives.
Our licensed professional counselors use a treatment approach that focuses on:
- Brain health through the Amen Clinics Method
- Trauma healing therapy, such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family healing and healthy parent-child attachment
- Sexual risk avoidance for children and youth
- Family counseling and relationship education
- Sexual Identity Affirming Therapy